Check out our FAQs
If you don’t see the answer to your question below please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you. Our team are always happy to help you.
- + Where is Explorium located?
- Located near the Dublin Mountains overlooking Dublin City on Blackglen Road, opposite Lamb Doyles. From the M50 – take Exit 13 & 14 in South Dublin. Call us on +353 01 960 2000 for additional help getting here.
- + What hours are you open?
- Our Autumn/Winter Opening Hours are:
Monday to Friday 15:00 – 18:00
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 – 18:00
(last admission 16:00)
Monday to Friday 15:00 – 18:00
Saturday & Sunday 12:00 – 18:00
(last session 17:00)
7 days 09:30 – 17:00
- + How do I get tickets?
- We advise booking online before your visit which is available here.
- + Do I need to sign a waiver?
- Explorium requires all of our guests to sign a waiver before your visits. Under 18's must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for them. You can sign yours here.
- + How do I buy a gift card?
- You can purchase gift cards from our reception.
- + Can I use my gift voucher to book online?
- Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed online.
- They must be presented on arrival to be redeemed.
- For Sport bookings only we can book a slot for you. This is done by email only to email@example.com quoting the 8 digits on the back of the voucher, your name, the date and time of the sporting activity you wish to do. Please note - Cancellations | No shows will be deducted from the value of the gift voucher.
- + Do you offer any discounts on admission?
- Yes, our off-peak rates are discounted across all activities and exhibits.
- + What about accessibility?
- Explorium is fully wheelchair accessible and buggy friendly. We also have a drop-off area at the entrance. We also offer ample disabled parking.
- + What is the best time to visit?
- Anytime is great, but you might want to consider visiting on a weekday afternoon when there are usually fewer visitors - we recommend booking in advance.
- + What should I wear?
- Even if you’re not planning on Climbing or using the indoor cave while here, you’ll want to wear comfortable clothes.
- + What about food?
- There are three areas — the LookOut Cafe in our Observatory, Bean in Junior Explorium and Kono Pizza located beside our Robotic Goalie on the ground floor.
- + Is Explorium just for children and families?
- Visitors of all ages can enjoy our Science interactive exhibits & Sports activities. Junior Explorium is ideal for children under 6 and toddlers with all it's colour, bubbles, light and shadows. Explorium is for everyone! Fantastic for confidence or team building - laugh-a-lot and learn along the way.
- + Can children be left alone in Explorium?
- Above all else, safety is one of our top concerns. Therefore, parents/carers are advised that children under 12 must be accompanied at all times. All sport / science activities and exhibits are instructed by staff, parents must still be available if needed. Groups over 12 that are under 18 must have at least one adult remain on the premises and provide a phone number so that they can be contacted at any time.
- + Is it okay to shoot photos and video at Explorium?
- Informal photography and video for personal use are allowed during regular hours as long as other visitors’ experiences are not disrupted and the photos are for non-commercial use. Photography of strangers is not allowed for any reason without the person’s (or their guardian’s) express or written consent. Feel free to share your experience at Explorium on your social media channels. We’re on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram
- + Where can I find additional help onsite within Explorium?
- Ask any staff member in yellow or any grey-shirted Explainer (we all wear badges), or visit the Info Desk at reception. We promise to give our time and full attention to assist in any way we can to make your visit special.
- + Are there lockers available in Explorium?
- For your comfort and safety of your belongings, lockers are available on the ground floor of Explorium.
- + Do you have special rates for carers?
- Visitors with special needs may admit an accompanying carer free of charge when they purchase an adult or child ticket for Science and Junior.
Please bring relevant ID and documentation, such as an IAA Autism ID card, or an associated membership card, GP letter or hospital consultant letter which confirms the visitor is unable to visit Explorium independently without the aid of a carer or mobility aid.