Check out our terms and conditions
+ Explorium's General T&Cs
- 1.1 Explorium is open to the public. There are areas within Explorium where specific charges apply.
1.2 These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) set out all the terms and conditions upon which we provide you and your guests (“you” and “your” or "Customers" as relevant) with access to the Explorium science and sport facility ("Explorium").
1.3 Explorium is operated by Explorium Limited (the "Operator" or "we" as relevant) ph. 01 960 2000, email: email@example.com.
1.4 Explorium is located at Blackglen Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, with VAT number 3422670GH and registered company number 536201.
1.5 All Customers entering Explorium (both paying and non-paying) do so subject to their adherence to these Terms and Conditions as outlined below.
1.6 Explorium is open to the public, however management reserves a right to refuse entry in accordance with clause 4 below. There are areas within Explorium where specific charges
1.7 To access the paid for areas a ticket must be purchased. This can be purchased using our website www.explorium.ie, or by arriving at Explorium and purchasing a ticket at the
reception desk. Each person purchasing a ticket for themselves or a group, and before entering a ticketed area of Explorium, is deemed to have accepted these Terms and
Conditions as displayed on our website and at our premises.
1.8 It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details on your ticket or gift voucher before confirming the purchase. The Operator does not accept any responsibility for bookings that are incorrect due to an error on the part of the Customer.
1.9 Upon purchase of a ticket or gift voucher from our website you will receive an email, to the email address you have supplied, with your ticket or gift voucher.
1.10 The email constitutes your receipt and proof of purchase. Please check that you have received this email following purchase. We take no responsibility if you do not receive this
email due to reasons outside of our control.
1.11 It is possible to book tickets in person at Explorium. Tickets can be purchased at our main reception desk. Please note that all of our areas and activities have capacity limits or some areas have specific activity time slots and we do not guarantee the availability of any given area or attraction where it has not been pre-booked.
1.12 For the avoidance of doubt, the website content and your access and/or browsing on it do not constitute a contractual offer by the Operator. Your order when placed through the
website is an offer to contract. Our confirmation email, when sent to you constitutes acceptance of the contract on our part.
1.13 All parties, corporate events and group bookings must be booked directly with the Explorium Sales Team either through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 01 960 2000.
1.14 Explorium operates a number of science and sports activities. The key features of our offering include:
• Explorium – Science and Sports Science Centre
• Junior Explorium
• Conquer Your Fears Climbing
• Urban Climb
• VR based activities
• Sports Simulators
• The Maker’s Labs
• Food and Beverage Offerings -The Lookout Café, Bean and Kono Pizza.
• The Explorium Gift Shop
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Explorium is located at Blackglen Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Explorium is operated by Explorium Limited, ph. 01 960 2000, e-mail: email@example.com.
All persons entering Explorium (visitors) (both paying and non-paying) do so subject to their adherence to the Terms and Conditions as outlined below.
Explorium operates a number of science and sports activities. The key features of our initial offering include;
Explorium (our science and sports centre)
Junior Explorium (our science and sports centre for the Under 8s)
VR based activities
Makers Labs / Tinkering
Food and Beverage Offerings -The Lookout Café, Bean and Kono Pizza.
The Explorium Gift Shop
- 2.1 Save as otherwise permitted by the Operator, all Customers must pay for admission to Explorium. Any person attempting to gain admission to our paid attraction areas without a valid ticket will be refused entry or removed.
- 2.2 All prices are quoted in euro. The Operator reserves the right to increase or decrease ticket prices at any time up to the time of purchase. The prices of tickets purchased online are as stated in the Customer’s confirmation email. The ticket is valid only for the date and the entry time stated on its face.
- 2.3 Online ticket purchases will include unique barcode/QR codes which will allow entry or access to the various paid for activities.
- 2.4 Online tickets are valid for a time and date as outlined and confirmed at time of purchase and are valid for one occasion, non-refundable and are non-transferable.
- 2.5 Tickets purchased at reception will be issued on receipt of payment and will have a unique barcode that will allow access to the activities purchased.
- 2.6 Tickets will be exchanged at our reception desk for Explorium receipt. Explorium receipt are linked to specific customer bookings and will only allow access to Explorium facilities and areas as per the linked customer booking.
- 2.7 Explorium receipt must be kept in a safe place at all times during a customer’s visit when in the areas where entry is controlled by receipt and automatic turnstile gates. Explorium receipts are strictly non-transferable.
- 2.8 In the areas referred to in clause 2.4 above the Operator’s staff may at any time request to see a Customer’s confirmation of booking which will be an electronic or paper receipt
containing a valid bar or QR code. It is important that receipts or QR booking codes are retained as in the event that a Customer does not have a valid barcode or QR code they
may be asked to leave, or unable to participate in an activity.
- 2.9 In the areas referred to above Explorium staff may at any time request to see a customers receipt. In the event that a customer does not have a valid receipt they may be asked to leave.
- 2.10 Individual areas of Explorium have differing rules of re-entry. Certain activities are sold for one hour and must be used at the time booked. Entry is allowed up to 15 minutes past
the time slot booked. Customers who arrive later than that may be refused entry depending on capacity constraints. Customers who arrive earlier than their allotted time may be required to wait until the booked time before they can enter.
- 2.11 Explorium Science is a recommended 3-hour experience although Customers may stay longer. Exit and re-entry is allowed during this period. On occasions no re-entry may be permitted after 4.5 hours from the time of entry.
- 2.12 For health and safety reasons some of our activities have restricted availability based primarily on height, weight or age of Customers. The nature of the restrictions vary from activity to activity. Details of these restrictions can be viewed on www.explorium.ie and/or on exhibit information signs at Explorium.
- 2.13 Certain exhibits or attractions at Explorium require a staff member to interact with the Customer. At busy times it will not be logistically possible for all Customers to engage in all activities. This is deemed to be understood at the time of ticket purchase. No refunds will be provided if any Customer does not get to partake in any specific activity within Explorium.
- 2.14 Certain exhibits or attractions at Explorium require a detailed briefing or induction before participation is allowed, and Customers must undertake and participate in these sessions before they can undertake the activity.
- 2.15 Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash but can be used to pay for any product available in Explorium. Vouchers are not redeemable in our food outlets.
- 2.16 The Operator cannot be held liable for gift vouchers which are lost, stolen or damaged. We reserve the right to refuse to accept a gift voucher which we believe to have been tampered with, duplicated, or damaged.
- 2.17 Explorium has ample parking facilities, available to Explorium guests only. Customers park their vehicles at their own risk.
- 2.18 Customers with special needs may admit an accompanying carer free of charge when they purchase an adult or child ticket. Please bring relevant ID and documentation, such as an IAA Autism ID card, or an associated membership card, GP letter or hospital consultant letter which confirms the relevant Customer is unable to visit Explorium independently without the aid of a carer or mobility aid.
- 2.19 If your ticket is resold or transferred for profit or commercial gain that ticket will be void.
- 2.20 When purchasing tickets to Explorium, payment can be made by cash or debit/credit cards. EFT and cheques will not be accepted for bookings of less the 20. Personal cheques will not be accepted.
- 2.21 If tickets are purchased using a promotional offer or discount, proof of this offer or discount must be presented.
- 3. Explorium Entry
- 3.1 Customers under the age of 18 (“Children” or “Child”) must be accompanied by a parent/ guardian Customer aged 18 years or over (“Adult”) whilst taking part in any paid Explorium activity.
- 3.2 Children aged over 14 may be unaccompanied in Explorium’s general circulation areas but must have an Adult on the Explorium site at all times.
- 3.3 Children will not be served alcohol at any food and beverage outlet in Explorium.
- 3.4 Explorium reserves the right to examine ID to confirm the age of a Customer.
- 3.5 All Customers participating in any activity at Explorium do so in acceptance of all the Terms and Conditions in place at Explorium at the time including in acceptance of the legal waiver they incorporated therein. Where members of a group are Children, the Adult(s) who accompanies the Children to Explorium is deemed to be their guardian for the duration of the visit to Explorium and is deemed to accept the responsibilities associated on their behalf.
- 3.6 There must be at least one Adult for every 6 Children in a group. For the avoidance of doubt, a group of 7 – 12 Children requires at least 2 Adults to accompany the group in order to enter Explorium, and a group of 13 – 18 Children requires at least 3 Adults to accompany the group and so on.
- 4. Conduct of Visitors
4.1 The Operator reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry to, or remove from Explorium or the grounds of the site without refund, any Customer (including Adults and Children) who:-
4.1.1 Behaves in a manner which, in the opinion of the Operator, its employees,contractors or agents, has affected or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of, or cause annoyance, danger or distress to, other Customers or damage to property;
4.1.2 Uses threatening, intimidating, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
4.1.3 Appears, in the opinion of an employee, contractor or agent of the Operator, to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances; or
4.1.4 for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Operator, its employees, contractors, agents or licensees.
4.2 Customer to whom Terms 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.3 or 4.1.4 applies will be liable for any damage caused or expenses incurred by his or her behaviour. The Operator reserves the right to prosecute in pursuit of recovering the cost of such damage.
4.3 Explorium is a smoke and vape free facility. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited at all times. Customers in breach of this rule will be asked to leave.
4.4 There are multiple food and beverage outlets on the Explorium premises. Customers are not permitted to consume your own food or beverage in these areas
- Pets or animals of any nature (with the exception of assistance dogs) are expressly prohibited in Explorium.
4.5 It is prohibited to bring into Explorium any of the following;
- Weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, blades, flammable liquids, portable BBQs or other articles that may cause injury. Skateboards, rollerblades, roller skates, bikes, scooters and other forms of personal transport. Balls, hurleys, frisbees, balloons or other similar items. Pets or other animals of any nature.
4.6 Customers (including Adults and Children) are not permitted to bring alcohol intoExplorium. Any Customers (including Adults and Children) found possessing alcohol on entry, or who appear to be unduly under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission or escorted out without right to refund. Alcoholic products may be served to persons aged over 18 in the Explorium main restaurant – The Lookout Café.
4.7 As an Adult parent or guardian accompanying Children, you understand and accept that all risks cannot be entirely eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activities and experiences in Explorium and therefore you expressly agree to accept and assume all of the risks voluntarily that exist in these activities and experiences.
4.8 Further, by acceptance of these Terms and Conditions you the Customer acknowledge and have the responsibility of outlining the potential risks associated with some of these activities to accompanying Children within your care.
4.9 As a Customer, and as an Adult in respect of accompanied Children, you hereby confirm that neither you nor any Child in your group has any medical or other condition that may preclude them from safely participating in the activities in which you and/or they intend to participate.
4.10 Customers accept that certain activities at Explorium are unsuitable for those with certain physical conditions, medical conditions, under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or
prescription drugs which are likely to increase the risk of injury to oneself or others and that an assessment of the Customers ability to partake in certain activities will be in part, the responsibility of the Customer, or Adult parent or guardian in respect of Children.
4.11 The Operator reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or to remove a Customer from activities should it deem it necessary to do so and no refunds will be given. This includes a Customer who does not comply with the safety rules, safety direction, does not use the supplied safety equipment properly, is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is not wearing appropriate footwear or attire for the activity
5. Opening of Displays
5.1 The Operator will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that its exhibits and displays are open for use by Customers during normal opening hours. Opening hours are subject to change from time to time at the Operator’s discretion. The Operator reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close Explorium or any part of it. The fact that a specific exhibition or part of an exhibition is not working or not available for any reason does not lead to any right of refund.
5.2 In the event of complete closure of Explorium for whatever reason, the Operator will refund the cost of prepaid tickets purchased specifically for dates on which Explorium is closed only. The Operator reserves the right to unilaterally refund tickets purchased for a certain day or activity.
5.3 Other than in accordance with Term 5.2, Explorium shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out-of-pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or the entire Explorium facility.
6. Limitation of Liability
6.1 OTHER THAN LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE OPERATOR, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS,
THE OPERATOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMERS FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, HOWSOEVER ARISING. THE OPERATOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CUSTOMER’S PROPERTY LOST OR DAMAGED AT EXPLORIUM AND SUCH PROPERTY IS BROUGHT ONTO THE PREMISES AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE CUSTOMER.
7. Events Outside the Control of The Operator.
7.1 The Operator is not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations caused by events outside its reasonable control (“Force Majeure Events”).
7.2 It must be understood that for operational, technical, weather related or other reasons beyond our control, any attraction or exhibit may have to be closed, removed, altered in type or otherwise be unavailable at any time due to inclement weather, technical issues or otherwise without prior notice.
- We will use the personal information you provide to us online:
8.2.1. to take and fulfil your booking;
8.2.2. to process your payments for your booking; and
8.2.3. if you agreed during the booking process either online or in person, to inform you
about similar services that we or our partners provide, but you may stop receiving
these at any time by contacting us.
8.3 In accordance with our CCTV Policy, the Explorium building and grounds are covered by an extensive CCTV network. We will not use footage from these cameras for any purpose
other than outlined in the CCTV Policy including establishing the facts of a specific incident at a specific time in order to ensure the well-being of our staff and Customers and the security of our property.
8.4 From time to time the Operator, or other authorised parties, may carry out photography and/or video recording in the Explorium building which may feature Customers. The
Operator may not be in a position to obtain consent for this filming/photography and copyright in these materials rests with the Operator or such other authorised party (as the case may be).
8.5 While photography is permitted by Customers, any photography of other third party Customers is strictly prohibited. If photos are taken of Children without the express written
permission of the accompanying Adult parents/guardians, these photos must be deleted. If the Customer refuses to delete the photos they will be escorted out of Explorium and the Garda will be contacted.
9.1. Where the booking includes minor(s) that are under the age of 12, I confirm that there is at least one adult per 6 minors and that the adult will supervise those minors during their time in Explorium.
9.2. Where there are minors in a group over the age of 12 but under 18, I confirm that one adult will remain on the premises at all times and will be contactable at the mobile phone number provided.
9.3. Under 8’s visiting Explorium (Main Explorium). The Main Explorium area is intended for children of 8 years and upwards. Children under the age of 8 are permitted to enter,
however some exhibits and activities may pose a particular risk to younger children, and parents bringing children under 8 years old into Main Explorium acknowledge this risk and agree to maintain close supervision of such children at all times.
10. Governing Law
- 10.1 These Terms and all disputes and issues between the Operator and a Customer arising out of or in any way relating to these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland. The Operator and all Customers hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details on your ticket or gift voucher before confirming the purchase. The Operator does not accept any responsibility for
11.1. I, the undersigned adult listed below, am at least 18 years of age. On my own behalf, and on the behalf of the group that I have purchased tickets for, I as legal guardian or custodian, knowingly, voluntarily, and freely accept and assume any and all risks, both known and unknown, of injuries or other loss or damage that may be suffered while on the Operator’s Explorium facility.
11.2. I represent that I have full authority as parent or guardian of the Children in my group. I understand that all risks cannot be entirely eliminated without jeopardizing the essential
qualities of the activities and experiences in Explorium and I expressly agree to accept and assume all of the risks voluntarily existing in these activities and experiences. Such risks
include, but are not limited to, cuts and bruises, burns, falls, broken bones, injuries to wrists, arms, legs, ankles, backs, heads and necks, contact with other participants, spinal
injuries, risks to those with pacemakers or implanted medical devices, risks to those with medical conditions and/or death, and which may occur while on the land and premises of the Operator’s Explorium facility.
11.3. Further, I have explained these risks to all the participants in my Group and under my supervision. I certify that I and all in my Group are in good physical condition for the
activities in which I and/or they will be participating and certify that I and/or they do not have any medical or other condition that may preclude me and/or them from safely
participating in the activities in which we intend to participate. I accept that certain activities at the Explorium facility are unsuitable for those with certain physical conditions,
medical conditions, under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which are likely to increase the risk of injury to myself or others and that I will assess my own
ability and that of those in my care to partake in those activities. I and those in my care will undertake warm up exercises/stretching before taking part in physical activities. Due
to the physical nature of certain activities (including shocks/vibration, falls etc.), we recommend that pregnant women should not take part in sports, virtual reality, simulators
or other physically demanding activities. If participants have medical, injury or fitness concerns they are advised to consult their doctor in advance for medical clearance. While
I will read and take notice of Explorium Rules of Use, warning and safety signage at the Explorium facility, I accept that ultimate responsibility for the safe use of Explorium
equipment by me and those I am signing for rests with me.
11.4. The Operator reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or to remove a Customer participant from activities should it deem it necessary to do so and no refunds will be given.
This includes a Customer participant who does not comply with the safety rules, safety direction, does not use the supplied safety equipment properly, is deemed to be under the
influence of alcohol or drugs or is not wearing appropriate footwear or attire for the activity.
11.5. I grant the Operator the right to request emergency medical services for me and/or the Children in my group in the event that the Operator deems a situation medically necessary.
Information provided will strictly not be shared to third parties for marketing or other such gain. It is solely to establish proof of consent to the terms of this waiver.
+ Website Terms
The term ‘Explorium’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Explorium, Blackglen Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18. D18 N1F2.
Our company registration number is 3422670GH. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Access to our website
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party.
Such restrictions and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
Information on our website
We have endeavored to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate.
We reserve the right to make alterations and corrections to the information contained in this website at any time without notice. We make no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained or referred to on this website.
We aim to update our website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely.
Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update that material.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. In order for us to communicate with you effectively please inform us of any changes to your personal details.
Intellectual property rights
Images, copyright, trademarks, brands and all other intellectual property rights displayed on this website or existing in this website belong to us and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owner(s).
You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference for non-commercial purposes and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
The copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material showing our status as owners, or that of our contributors.
You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes.
Submission of material
We allow you to submit material for inclusion on our site. While we do not control the submission of material, we do reserve the right to delete, move and edit any material submitted. Publication will be at our discretion.
You are solely responsible for the material you submit to the Company Site and by submitting any material you agree to follow these rules. You may not submit any material which:
advertises or promotes any goods or services;
- reveals any confidential or sensitive information;
- contains links to any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory or indecent material or material which is deliberately intended to upset others;
- contains any material which you do not have permission to use (including material which may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, database rights or any other form of intellectual property right);
- contains viruses or any other components with harmful or contaminating effects on the Company Site or any equipment connected to it; or
- impersonates any living person
By submitting material to the site you agree to be responsible for all the Company's losses arising out any breach by you of these rules.
By submitting material to the site you are granting the Company a perpetual royalty-free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and allow others to use any material you submit in whole or in part or in any form. We will try to credit authors of material where possible, but cannot guarantee to do so.
Cancelling registrations & email sign-up
We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of our Terms and Conditions.
You can cancel your registration/email sign-up at any time by informing us using the Contact Us form or in writing to Explorium, Blackglen Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18. D18 N1F2.
The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the site shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. The use of information on the website and any downloadable item is at your own risk.
We cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss to your data or computer system that may occur while using this website or any downloadable item.
This website and material displayed on the website is provided "as is" without any warranty or implied term of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Transactions concluded through the website.
Contracts for the supply of products, tickets, annual membership or other goods and services formed through our website or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our terms and conditions of supply.
Information about you and your visitors to our website
This website is owned and run by us. We respect your privacy and will continue to do so in the on-line world
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our website or attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website.
Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure that the website is free from viruses, Explorium gives no warranties that it is indeed free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate virus checking software.
Linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links from our website
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and law
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Ireland.
Our terms and conditions of use may change. Please review them regularly. If you continue to use our website after a change has been made you are deemed to have accepted it.
Comments and concerns
If you have any comments or concerns about material which appears on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org