We are hiring Seasonal staff for our 2020 Visitor team!
Our Visitor Support team are at the heart of all we do. We will train you in a variety of subjects, focusing on science and sport content and visit facilitation. You will be responsible for greeting visitors, handling interactions and generating an enjoyable atmosphere for all! Of course, we need to deliver our amazing experiences in a safe and controlled manner and you will be trained in how to achieve this.
The first point of contact for all our visitors. You will greet all who visit Explorium professionally, offering a warm welcome.
- Support efficient visitor admission to Explorium – assisting with completing waiver, understanding ticket choices and areas to visit.
- Provide visitors with general information on our science exhibits, programmes and services.
- Coordinate front desk activities to include answering calls, redirecting phone calls where necessary, notifying arrivals, distributing mail, deliveries, etc.
Serve as a guide or facilitator, using initiative and enthusiasm to reach out to visitors to enrich their Explorium experience. Communicate science in a way that ignites curiosity, excitement and fun!
- Greet and orient individual visitors and groups, giving outstanding service and always being helpful, friendly and polite.
- Increase visitor awareness of all attractions, experiences and activities within the centre.
The best Explainers can progress to become Demonstrators. Leading our classes, shows and demonstrations which are held in our centre.
- Performing scientific and sports demonstrations while at the same time engaging visitors in the process with an interesting narrative based on creating an atmosphere of both fun and a bit of learning too.
- Continuously innovate new ideas and generate excitement for new concepts / activities that we can bring to our visitors.
Sport – Instructors
Assist our visitors in our super challenging climbing walls – Conquer Your Fears & Urban Climb. Or introduce them to the exciting sport of caving inside the world’s largest man-made caving structure. You will create a fun and interactive atmosphere with our visitors and help them to achieve their potential with the activities.
- Apply our safety rules.
- Conduct briefing sessions.
- Explaining our activities and how they work.
- Demonstrating the correct use of our equipment.
Junior is where imagination comes alive! Our Junior guests ages range from toddler to 6. No different to how we welcome all visitors, except our Junior guests are our little VIPs!
- Safety is paramount – so adhere to internal controls re: admissions policies, safety procedures, etc.
- “Make & Do” lab – create projects for all to participate in and enjoy.
- Story time – capture the little ones attention as they sit around waiting on your every word.
- Host a party!
What we look for in you…
- Cleared Garda Vetting Disclosure (we will submit your application to the National Vetting Bureau) or a Foreign Police Certificate to prove you don’t have a criminal record
- Fluent English
- Happy demeanour
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Flexibility – being able to work in all the zones in Explorium ensures you have interesting and active days!
- Have the initiative to accommodate customer needs
- Able to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues and managers
- Excellent communication skills
- Always punctual
- Stick to Explorium’s company standards and policies
- For Sport - Previous experience of instructing in adventure sports is highly desirable. You will need to be outgoing but also have an ability to be sufficiently authoritative to ensure that our younger visitors understand how to operate our systems
- Experience in any of the performing arts
- Experience in a customer-facing role in a high volume visitor/customer environment
- Experience in leading classes or demonstrations
- One science subject at Leaving Certificate level or a background in sports participation or coaching
We have full & part time hour positions on offer. All positions will be set over a variety of rosters over a full week Monday to Sunday. You will attend Explorium’s HR Induction training on Day 1 where you will be fully briefed on your role and responsibilities.
Send your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications 4th April 2020