Careers: Visitor Support & Host
Explorium is a new and exciting state of the art Science and Sport visitor attraction located in Dublin. A huge facility (110,000 square foot to be precise!), with over 350 new and interesting things to do for families, schools and visitors of every age. This exciting new centre is the first of its type in this country and we are sure that we have created something unique and very special. Our focus is on the brilliant experience we give to our visitors and this is where you come in.
Our Visitor Supporters are at the heart of all we do. We will train you in a variety of subjects, focusing on science and sport content and visit facilitation. You will be responsible for handling interactions with our visitors and generating an enjoyable atmosphere for all! Of course, we need to deliver our amazing experiences in a safe and controlled manner and you will be trained in how to achieve this.
What you will do:
- Deliver the best experience to our visitors, every time. As part of our Visitor Experience Team, you will respond to visitor queries, help, advise, and educate, but most of all create genuine interaction and engagement with our visitors.
- Greet and orient individual visitors and groups.
- Serve as a guide or facilitator, using initiative and enthusiasm to reach out to visitors to enrich their Explorium experience.
- Increase visitor awareness of all attractions, experiences and activities within the centre;
- Be knowledgeable about the centre, our activities and programs, facilities and special events and effectively communicate this information to visitors.
- Generate excitement for new concepts/activities that we bring to our visitors.
- Monitor our unique equipment to make sure that it is always in good working order. Identify where items are not working and immediately liaise with our maintenance team to have them removed and replaced.
Qualifications and Qualities
- Cleared Garda Vetting Disclosure (we will submit your application to the National Vetting Bureau) or a Foreign Police Certificate to prove you don’t have a criminal record.
- Fluent English
A distinct advantage:
- Experience in any of the performing arts.
- Experience in a customer-facing role in a high-volume visitor/customer environment.
- Need to demonstrate an outgoing and engaging personality.
- Experience in leading classes or demonstrations.
- One science subject at Leaving Certificate level or a background in sports participation or coaching.